The Amazfit Stratos 3 joins the family of smart watches made by Xiaomi in 2019, bringing some new features in terms of monitoring physical activity and a few upgrades compared to previous models of Xiaomi smart watches.
For approximately $200 bucks, you get GPS improvements, ultra-long standby time up to 7 days in the smart mode and at least 35 hours on full GPS movement mode from this beast!
Get your Amazfit Stratos 3 at
Design and display
The design comes only in black. For the case, they used 3D laser carbon fiber texture, 316L stainless steel physical buttons and also a hand polished stainless steel bezel with sports silicone straps, giving the Amazfit Stratos 3 a sporty but classy look.
This guy is about 48, 6 x 13, 4 mm and weighs approximately 60grs, so… It’s huge. Not the slimmest but it’s really good looking. The Amazfit Stratos 3 comes with a 1.34-inch screen and a resolution of 320 x 320 pixels, leaving an approximate density of pixels per inch of 316. It also uses reflective display technology, meaning that the brightness of the screen will auto adjust according to the environment, giving you a better and clearer visual experience. Besides, its 2.5D capacitive touch screen uses corning gorilla glass material, so it’s scratch resistant.
Amazfit Stratos 3 has a ton of features, but the top of this smartwatch are:
- 50 meters water resistant: It’s water resistant and allows you to record the data when swimming. Additionally to that, supports open water and swimming pool (two different modes).
- The combination of reflective display technology + stainless steel bezel/physical buttons and gorilla glass screen: Sporty, beautiful and pretty resistant.
- 19 kinds of sports patterns: Running, walking, outdoor riding, swimming pool, open water swimming, indoor running, elliptical machines, triathlon. It pretty much covers all the fields you could need to monitor your training.
- GPS accuracy has also been improved compared to its predecessors with the integration of a Sony GPS/GNSS chip that supports GPS and GLONASS, Beidou or Galileo. These systems can also be combined to improve the accuracy of location monitoring.
- First beat health data tracker: Especially ambitious in this field with maximum oxygen consumption (Vo2Max) and recovery time monitor, among other relevant data. This is helped by the Bio Tracker heart rate sensor, which according to experts in the area, is as accurate as some chest heart rate monitors.
The Amazfit stratos 3 comes with a battery capacity of 300mAh, allowing the device to be able to function up to 14 days in a ‘daily use scenario’, 7 days of battery life in the smart mode and at least 35 hours on full GPS movement mode without needing to charge the device. You could train all day using all the features that the smartwatch has and still never run out of battery.
Conclusion: We have a winner here!
The GPS improvements, the beautiful sporty design, the battery capacity and all the features that come with the Amazfit stratos 3 makes this beauty a perfect option if you’re looking for organization, durability and classiness at an amazing price.